As of Monday, May 4, 2020, all branches of the Memphis Public Library (with exception to our Bartlett Branch) will be open for limited access with an emphasis on public computer usage. Please note, libraries will be limited to a strict 25% capacity. Hours of operation will be limited to 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday-Friday.
As we prepare to return to full operations, patrons should be advised that:
- All library staff will be outfitted with proper PPE attire to ensure the health and safety of visitors. Guests wishing to wear masks or gloves are encouraged to do so.
- Patrons that utilize public computers should note that computer access will be limited to 1 hour per customer to allow proper servicing of all guests.
- Staff will work to ensure a 6-foot social distancing protocol around all work stations.
- Information desks will be closed until further notice and guests will be unable to checkout library material.
- Patrons are encouraged to return all overdue material at their earliest convenience via their local library’s external book drop. Library staff will ensure that all returned material is handled and sanitized in strict accordance with CDC and Health Department regulations.
- Utilize of our online resources such as Libby, Overdrive, and DIG Memphis as well as tuning into our various social media platforms for daily virtual programming is encouraged.
While teens and other children are encouraged to utilize library resources, we encourage:
- All children under the age of 12 be accompanied by an adult 17 and older
- Access to Cloud901 inside of the Benjamin L. Hooks library will be subject to restricted use in accordance with capacity restrictions.
Senior citizens and those with immunocompromised health who require special assistance:
- Contact your local library branch to organize special aid such as curbside drop-offs or dedicated computer use times.